A versatile blogger…
I was recently awarded the versatile blogger award by the lovely http://laavventura.wordpress.com/2011/09/26/blogging-awards-bountiful/ check out her blog and see why Duffy The Writer was nominated. I’m not sure how this originated and its a link back scheme of sorts to share great blogs and posts within the ever growing blogging community. Whatever it is i’m happy to be recognised.
As part of recieving the blogging award I need to share 7 unusual or little known facts about myself and nominate up to 15 blogs. I have only nominated two which I enjoy regularly, nobody LOVES 15 blogs thats just ludicrous. Anyway here goes:-
1. I fell out of an apple tree when I was six and bit my tongue off (it was hanging on by a thread of tissue). Luckily the kind doctors at Frimley Park Hospital sewed it back on. I don’t remember the pain at all but I clearly remember the look of absolute terror on my little brothers face as he saw me tumble awkwardly as the branch snapped and gave way.
2. I miss by little brother
3. I have an unnatural obsession for David Caruso
4. I began writing at about 7 or 8 years old. My first publication was “Mayfield News” about what was happening on our street. Issue one was handwritten on a piece of notepaper and the lead article was about “Mad Mary” who was the crazy lady who lived on the street and collected rubbish, washed it carefully and then kept it in her home. She also used to go down to the local petrol station and shout at the petrol pumps for hours. Mum caught wind of my emerging media empire and shut me down.
5. I wrote to Jim’ll fix it and he never wrote me back.
6. Im stone cold terrified of spiders. I get so scared that sometimes, just sometimes I get so scared I faint or throw up or both.
7. Based on the above its pretty stupid that I now call Sydney home.
My Favourite 2 Blogs are:-
http://imonthebandwagon.com/. Clever, witty and a very British sense of humour
http://ellielawson.wordpress.com/ Heartfelt, genuine and I admire Ellie’s bravery to expose her innermost feelings on a blog.
The rules are as follows for receiving and awarding The Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Post a link to the person who gave you the award thanking them for the award.
2. Tell your readers seven random things about yourself.
3. Award up to 15 newly discovered blogs.
4. Send them a note letting them know you nominated them.